Friday, June 4, 2010

The origin of my blog name:

When I was in culinary school I had a friend who had a rather round belly and the two of us would laugh because he always ended up with frosting, flour, or whatever we were cooking that day smeared across his middle. I on the other hand have an unusually large chest for my otherwise almost boyish figure and found myself wearing remnants of what I had created across my chest. I have lost chef coats and some of my favorite tshirts to chocolate mousse and an assundry of other things I’ve decided to bake. You see I’m clumsy, I believe because I’m top heavy and just tend to run into things with the part of me that sticks out the farthest. Side note after a few too many cookies and croissants towards the end of my schooling I also ran into a whole row of chocolate cakes with my round behind. It was humiliating the school janitor had to find me a new chef coat and I had chocolate frosting on my caboose for the remainder of the day.

Although it’s 2010 and a woman has run for both president and vice president the culinary field is still dominated by men with one exception, pastry. This is a blog of my creations and adventures as I learn how to navigate the culinary world with cleavage. How I handled the men old enough to be my grandfather asking if they can lick the chocolate off my hand, or hearing my co workers talk about my body while I’m finishing up paper work in the office.. Being hit on by just about every guy (or girl) for that matter that comes into the back of the house. Fighting for the respect that any male chef is instantly awarded. This blog is for all of the female chef’s who have been called “baby,” “sweetie,” “sexy,” or “darling” by a delivery man right after you have stated your name and managerial title.

No comments:

Post a Comment